Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Few Thoughts About Jumping Right In There

I've been busy, really busy, doing things I was not quite prepared for because I have a tendency to jump right in with both feet.  Well I did it this time.  I got so far ahead of myself that I spread myself too thin.  I looked around the room and saw all the things that needed to be done and several projects that I had started because it seemed like a good idea at the time and I ended up overwhelmed.  So today has been spent tidying up a bit and I see my dpn's all over the place not nicely together so they don't get lost.  I managed to get the loom put away and the spinning wheel stowed in the corner until I"m reogranized again.  It was fun playing with toys and new items and seeing what I knew and what I didn't, but now it's time to put things away so I can use them when I need them.  I am facing the fact that if I don't do this now, things will start getting lost.  You see I suspect one of my knitting needles has slipped down into the bottom of the couch... eeep, and there are balls of wool everywhere.  I'm also feeling confused and have no focus.  I suspect that I stopped myself just in time, before I was faced with someone else stepping in and taking over, which would be horrible and unfair for them, as well as myself.

I think it's time to do some writing.  I want to get all my patterns down on paper.  I want to know what I have and what I need.  I want to get some studying done.  I pulled out my loom and having to put it away because I'm just not that sure of what I"m doing yet was a real eye opener.  I'm also looking at the table loom and seeing it needs me to do a thorough going over and a clean.  Next couple of days are going to see a rash of re-organizing and stowing things back into the cupboard.  One of these days I'll have a studio with a kitchenette and a daybed, but until then I share a small space with my son.

All in all, I'm feeling overwhelmed, and  not knowing which direction to go in or what project to handle next (usually not a problem).  I feel stuck, so I'm reading a wonderful book all about spinning, dyeing and weaving.  There is information on the tools I need and how everything works.  I think taking a step back and getting reorganized will get my brain flowing and if not.. well there was one good thing that came out of this... while my mind was getting all scatter brained, I was gifted with a wonderful idea for a story.  I've not written any fiction in quite a while and I have a wonderful premise in mind.  Maybe I'll take a small hiatus and work on some writing.  At least the creative flow is working. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.