Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's been a while

It's true, it has, and I've been unable to spin and to knit or do much in the way of crafting for close to a month.  I had a little slip, turned my ankle, but it was not my ankle that got hurt.  I did some pretty intense damage to my hand.  I suspect that I bruised or tore a ligament or a tendon, or something along that line.  Every-time I did something with my hand it would feel like something was being pulled, as well as burning like a ... well you know.  Anyways, using my hand until it was completely healed was out of the question.

During that time I looked for work, it's nasty business out there right now trying to find something and being middle aged, and female at that.  I did not at first believe that businesses were hiring younger and avoiding middle-aged women like the plague, but it's true.  I had it confirmed on my last interview, which was so degrading and cut off after 2 minutes and told I was old.  Yep, I got that confirmation and dove deep into a spiraling depression.  This is never good for woolly works and goes right to the crux of the matter.  One cannot be creative when they are blue.

I have, however found something that does lift my spirits somewhat... the Lantzville Market.  I'm going to be finding out more about it and with luck will be bringing my things up there.   It's not a guarantee of happiness, nothing is, but it does give me hope, which has been sorely lacking of late.  I'm thinking, spinning tonight might be just the thing I need to get the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.