Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Stash

This is my stash, some of it is hand spun by a friend, and some is from Brigs and Little as well from the friend who did the hand spinning.  All of this is wool, I believe sheeps wool.  All of it is Canadian and it's beautiful.  I have more yarn than this, however, it's acrylic and I'm quickly veering away from unnatural fibers.  I have plenty here for making some lovely items.  My favorite thing to do is scatter all the bits and pieces beside me and start  pondering all the different things I could make from this lovely stash.   When inspiration hits, it usually strikes quickly and I'm reaching for one of my hooks or my knitting needles and I'm off.  I love the bright bold colors and in all honesty, the photo does not do it justice.  




I have learned to spin myself and have gone from using a drop spindle made from a pencil, to what is called a kick spindle.  Above is the kick spindle, you kick the large round wheel to spin the spindle and it twists, leaving your hands free.  To wind the wool on you just kick the spindle and it's done... so easy so quick.   I love this and it was made for me by the same friend who helped me with the wool, and got me involved in spinning and such.  The next adventure, is going to be dying some wool.  I have some dyes, but still need to do some reading.  Little things, like life, are getting in the way, but there comes a time when you just say enough and disappear into the wooly blue yonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.