Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

God's Eyes

These are God's eyes, or Ojo de Dios, and they are beautiful colorful little woven objects used in Ancestor worship/practice down in Mexico.  Here is where you can find more information on God's eyes,  However, for the most part, they are a lovely little keepsake or reminder for passed loved ones.  This is a great little craft to do to cheer yourself up.  The weave up quickly and you can make them out of scrap yarn or like I did with embroidery cotton.  You can add beads to them or make monuments out of them.  The weaving and winding of this craft is also great for meditation or putting yourself into a meditative state.  Ahh, and there the pagan side of my faith is showing.

I remember my father coming home from a trip to Mexico with handfuls of red and green ones that we put on the Christmas tree to remember our loved ones.  All of them have been shared around with family members, and I like to pull out the one that I have and remember him when I hang it on the tree. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.