Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Adventures in Sockery

I have to admit, I have never made a sock.  I don't know why, but I always put it off.  Lately, my views on sock making have changed and I had some yarn.  I have no idea what it is, it's mottled and actually knits up prettier than I thought it would.  I've only started the ribbing, but I found a basic sock making pattern that just explains the math and how to make the heal and toes and all.  That's what I wanted.  I know that once I get the rhythm I will figure out a pattern.  For now, I'll be wearing bright socks because I have plenty of the mottled mystery yarn and the desire to really get it down to a fine art.

Yesterday, I finished the blue hat.  It's a pretty little thing, and I'm pleased it knit up so easily.  The pattern, as always came from my head based on what I wanted in the hat, which was a couple of cables, some ear flaps, a slightly loose fit and braided ties. And here it is in all it's simplicity.  It's actually a darker brighter blue, and the cable is so beautiful on it.  I wish the photo did it justice, but I'm working on creating a studio to better show my creations, and today was not the day to work on it... Today was for socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.