Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Finally completed the sock.

It has taken me a bit to grasp the making of this sock.  I suspect part of it is that I'm not up to par, everything is kinda achy and I'm feverish. However, a little flu will not get this knitter down.  I'm going to make it's match a little later, but it's good to see that math was true to the pattern.  What is interesting about this sock, is it was made without a real pattern, just an idea of what a sock is, with math for stitches to make it fit, and information on knitting the heel, the gusset, and the toe.  After that it's all easy. :D

The sock is a good fit, no tightness, but perfectly snug.  Also, the garment breathes well, and my foot is warm, but not overheating.  Who could ask for more.  I'm going to be working on some more different patterns as time goes on, but for now, I'll just settle on creating the mate over the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I am battling a cold myself, still my knitting must go on!!
    Nice sock

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.