Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The new Hood

So here I am in my new Hood.  She's a beaut, and she worked up quickly.  I used a double strand of wool, one dark green, one royal blue, so it was then like an chunky weight.  I had to unravel a bit when it came to taking off the ends, and fudge some things, but the back looks good now.  I made it as kind of a pixie hat, and it does have that air about it, but check it out.
I got my son to try on the hat, and He looks good in it as well.  I was thinking it was a more girly hat, but no... It looks good on both genders.  I had a lot of fun with this and will be making another shortly... I'm thinking maybe pink and orange.. or maybe just one color... I'm going to go through my balls of wool and see what I have that would look good.  Not so sure I want to do another two tone, just because I want to see it all in one color... Hrmmm maybe a natural...

As for how I feel, I'm getting better.  I might give the kick spindle a go tonight if I'm not knitting, but I'm thinking it's time for round two of the hat and to write down the pattern... :D

1 comment:

  1. Stunning hoods, wish I had your creativiity!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.