Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Take a break when you're Sick

So, I've been ill, so sick I couldn't do a thing. I did try to knit... no dice, and spinning was not working either.  I tried reading and everything was gobbledy gook, TV was just plain nonsense, and all I wanted to do was sleep.  In fact, my body would not allow me up.  So I've had some sleep, I've had toast and soup and pasta for meals.  I've realized that most of the last week is a complete blur and I'm still too sick to care, but not so sick that I finally can't pick up a simple knitting project.  Not quite up to the kick spindle yet, but when I am, I'm going to be trying a fingerling weight for socks.  I figure I need to get it nice and fine and then ply it together.  Ahh but that is too much for my head to dwell on right now.

I have always believed that you put what you are feeling into your work.  So I try to be happy or just plain clear my mind and get into the zen of the art.  Not always so easy, but I work on it.  I often get invited to knitting gabfests, and I usually bring something that never gets worked on.  I don't want gossip and snide comments and hatefulness in the creations.  It's not fair to put that kind of negativity into the items, considering they are to be worn.  I usually watch something gentle on TV or put on something instrumental and positive or happy, or just basic simple music when I'm working and I also try to have alone time with the textiles.  However I found something interesting and I'm thinking I might weave some mythology into my work.  I have discovered this show called Once Upon A Time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhvwthzmd_I  I love this show and hopefully can find a copy of the pilot that can be played in Canada.  I have only found episodes 15 and 16 on CTV available in Canada and all that does is pique my interest.  I'm thinking watching mythological works will definitely be interesting while I"m spinning and knitting.

It will still be a few more days until I'm fully up and about, but at least I'm at the point where I can knit a little and look for ideas... Once I'm better enough I'm going to be doing some dyeing of my fleece and yarn.  That should be fun. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.