Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

The mind boggle, I mean the Kitchener Stitch

Okay, so I'm working on socks, and everything goes well until I get to the end.  It's grafted together with the Kitchener stitch and as luck would have it every time I get ready to do it, someone logs on with something they need to talk to me about.  Every time it's been stressful and it occurs as soon as I've put on the video to watch and go along with, which in my opinion is to fast to watch and learn, but hey I really know it's me and I'm having troubles with it and I'm not the only one.  It's mind boggling at best and with everyone else tossing crap my way it's never going to be learned without interruptions.  I get them here at the house to.  My well meaning son offers to make lunch.    It's not fair to him... It's not his fault.  My neighbor needs a hand getting to the store.  My other neighbour is having a big fight with her bf and things are being chucked out the window. then there is the clatter of feet and pots, pans cutlery exacerbating me. I'm already frustrated and every noise distracts me because I'm trying to teach these 50 year old hands new tricks, and they are saying mind boggle.... mind boggle... I just want to scream and toss my knitting... Always a good sign, because it means I'm close to an epiphany, that the way to do it is almost clear that once I release the fog of frustration I will see clearly how it works together.  However I'm not there yet.  Using the video is useless, it's like a magnet so I found this http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/FEATtheresasum04.html and all I can say is I love you Theresa.  Today I will finish an ugly toe on this sock.  it'sok... I'm good with that... Once it's done I"m going to do a little quicky knitting and knit up something with only a few stitches a handful  on each needle... That's only 5 and I will practice the stitch... then I"ll unravel and start again.  I will learn it slowly and not be afraid that I'm ruining a sock... No I'm learning a trick that will help me loads.  My frustration level is very high at the moment and if I weren't so mad about the interruptions, I would be in tears at my failure, so maybe mad is a good thing... tears often lead to headaches for me.  I'm thinking something fun to watch might help change my mood... Ah yes and the tension in my shoulders yes.. not a good thing for a knitter... I'm going to hunt down my A535, quit my whining and get back on the horse/ewe LOL And with that my sense of humor is starting to return.  At this point my son has heard language from me that he rather would not have and has ducked into his room.  I don't like making him feel uncomfortable... Perhaps I should make lunch today and then work on the sock.  :D  I won't feel entirely better til this stitch has been mastered.  I do know I don't  have to understand how it works.  I just have to let my fingers learn to make it work. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.